2/23/2011

Dazzled


Earlier this week we had a lovely little ice storm that covered the woods surrounding my house in a layer of ice. At the time of the storm I was annoyed because it ruined a fun shopping day that I had planned with a friend, but I couldn't stay mad at the ice for very long.
As soon as the sun came out and the woods glittered like diamonds I was over my pity party and humbled by the glorious display. For a moment I was the luckiest girl on the planet, entranced by all the sparkle and glitter. I did get a few photos, but they don't really do the display any justice. Nevertheless, here's a tour of my ice kingdom...
The road in front of my house looking west
looking up at one of many trees in my yard...
looking west into Walter's horse pasture

the trees right above my mailbox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...