4/24/2005

personality quirks

Everyone has them; my children are no different. So here are a few of the personality quirks that make my children unique:
Alex has a thing for pacifiers. I officially took his away after his 2nd birthday, last july. It is a daily struggle to keep them away from him. He knows he’s not supposed to have them, but he takes them anyway. I suppose they are sort of a vice to him. I thought I could keep them away from him by keeping them all in a bucket on top of his sisters dresser, but he figured out how to climb up and get them.
I think I already talked about how the girls have a thing for empty food containers. Well they just have a thing for food in general. The girls are both tiny, around the 10th percentile in weight, but you’d never guess it by the amount of food they can pack away. I swear they can out eat me. If I let them, they would eat from 7 am to 7 pm without a break. The people in the nursery at church think I’m starving my children, because they just eat the whole time they are there.
Here’s another Alex quirk. I imagine this is a universal kid quirk, but it never ceases to amaze me. This kid is more interested in my stuff than he is in his own. He’d rather play with my calculator than his blocks. The paper clips completely fascinate him. My scrapbook supplies (even the non messy ones) are worth their weight in gold. Don’t get me started with keys. The more important they are, the more fascinating. Makes me wonder why I bother investing in toys…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...