5/21/2005

To the park

Today we took the kids to the park before running some other critical errands. (pics to come later) We had so much fun on the nature trails, we looked for some bugs, stomped over the bridges, smelled the pretty flowers, and dropped leaves in the streams – a little game my parents used to call “pooh sticks” – long story. We only had room for 1 stroller, so Alex and Louisa took turns riding. We had a ball…
I am continually amazed at how well my children behave in public. On this trip, the girls were sleepy (the stroller ride was supposed to put them to sleep, but it didn’t) and the walk made us all hot and thirsty. None of my children complained once, or acted up in any way. (if we’d been at home, I know they all would have been throwing royal fits). Every time I take my kids out, I patiently wait for the whining and the tantrums to come, but they never do. Over the last year I can only think of 1 tantrum that was bad enough to remove my child from the scene (it was Annie, and she had a tummy ache). If only I could get them to be that good at home……..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pooh sticks!!!!! i'd forgotten about that one! Can't wait to see pix!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...