7/14/2005

Just plain busy

Why do we feel the need to cram our lives so full of stuff? Here’s my list of things to do today:
Plan and put together a birthday party for Alex (uh – his birthday’s tomorrow!) we have no balloons, no cake, no presents…
Finish a set of cards for a client
Work on a huge ebay project (I’m talking massive)
Finish the write-ups for the completed ebay projects so I can post them
Finish a mini album for my grandmother’s birthday
Come up with some sample scrapbook pages that I might teach for a class at my local scrapbook store this fall
Work on my lesson plans for Vacation Bible school
Do a few pre-k lessons with alex (the goal is 5-6 mini lessons a day – ha! Not today)
Work in the yard (fortunately it’s raining, so I have an excuse not to do this)
Take pictures of Alex, so I can make a page of Alex in his baby book of what he looked like when he turned three
Finish a book I’m reading so I can take it back to the Library (30 days should be long enough to read a 700 pg book right?)

Sound like enough?
Oh wait, I forgot to add in: take care of my children, and maintain a relatively clean house – oh yeah, I also need to shower and put on clean clothes.

So the question is… why. Why do I take on all these projects?? It’s one thing to have projects to work on to keep myself from being bored, but it’s a completely other thing to cram my life so full that I’m stressed out.
So basically I have two options: Do everything poorly, or just put some of the projects on the shelf for later (but I don’t wanna – she whines) Or I suppose I could just sit here on the computer and pretend my to-do list doesn’t exist….. but I smell a poopy diaper calling my name, so I must go…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's genetic, Sis. Your grandomother White was that way, I'm that way, etc. A friend of mine explained it best when I was complaining about the same thing: "An active mind generates so many interests that it gets in it's own way." You know how many projects wait for me in the garage, basement, cottage. Keeps me from geting bored. I HATE getting bored.
Don't stress when things don't get completed in what you think is a timely manner. Most of them will wait.
Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

It's genetic, Sis. Your grandomother White was that way, I'm that way, etc. A friend of mine explained it best when I was complaining about the same thing: "An active mind generates so many interests that it gets in it's own way." You know how many projects wait for me in the garage, basement, cottage. Keeps me from geting bored. I HATE getting bored.
Don't stress when things don't get completed in what you think is a timely manner. Most of them will wait.
Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

How did I do that twice?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the genetic insite, Alan. I love leaning more about where Chris came from. :-) I think it's also how things are now. My friends and I were discussing this a couple of weeks ago. Occassionally I ask myself why I feel the need to teach Spanish and do worksheets with Matthew. He's starting school soon. Isn't that what he'll do there? But, he loves it! My house is a disaster, but food is on the table, we put on clean clothes in the morning, and we do things together. Someday I'll get my house under control. Not today. Hopefuly before Simon's birthday party! :-) Love, Kathy - Happy b-day Alex!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...