12/19/2005

The weekend review…

It was the “ack! Christmas is NEXT WEEKEND” shuffle at my house this weekend. A flurry of finishing up and mailing Christmas cards, purchasing the few last gifts, and making cookies (which are already gone!). I was asleep by 9:00 pm on Saturday, and still managed to sleep until 8:00 am on Sunday morning, missing the first half of the church service.
The kids have had fun in their new kitchen they got as an early Christmas present this weekend from Cathy. Alex has been baking up all sorts of yummy things for us to sample, including “cherry soup”. Mmmm. The girls might not totally get the pretend thing, but they’re working on it. Yesterday Louisa brought me one of her cups from their kitchen and said “milk”. Of course I had to try her “milk”, boy it was tasty.
I talked to my friend Karen yesterday. We’ve been friends since high school, and she was in my wedding. She’s currently living in Chicago and is in her last year of grad school at U of Chicago, training to be a social worker. It was good to catch up with her and hear all her stories about life…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...