5/03/2011

from possessions to promises

Most of the stuff that was taken came out of our master bedroom. I was so sick of walking around in there looking at all the empty spots that remain, which made me feel rather defeated and unloved. So I decided to let God do what he does best. Take something icky and turn it into something awesome.
I scrounged around and came up with some empty frames to fill with some verses that have been speaking to me right now. I've got a couple to share:

Romans 8:37 - In all these things we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS through Him who loved us

James 1:2-4 - Consider it PURE JOY, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything

Deuteronomy 2:3 - you have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.
(That one is a little random, but frankly I'm sick of circling my mountain of defeat, and am ready to head north towards joy)

Revelation 3:8 - See I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut

and perhaps my favorite, the promise that I've been clinging to since last October:
Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. For God is with you wherever you go.

Take that stupid thief. You can steal my stuff, but you can't steal my joy. It's mine and you can't have it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...