7/07/2011

Holiday Hoopla Round One

Yes, I realize it's Thursday, and we're all a little over all things holiday, but some things are just too good to keep to yourself. And the joy that came with this weekend is one of them. We had an exceptionally great extended holiday weekend full of family, friends that we love like family, and good food, it's impossible not to share it.
The fun began on Sunday at a backyard cookout with some dear friends from church. They had a decent view of the local fireworks display from their backyard, so they invited us and some of our other favorite families from church over for dinner and a show. What we didn't know is that when the "official" show was over, their neighbor had an even more spectacular show planned to set off in the field behind their houses. So we were treated to a double feature.
I swore up and down that I really didn't need more firework photos, but when the show started I couldn't resist. I'm so glad I did. Most of my shots were the typcial burst shots that I get every year, but I had a few that turned out rather funky and poetic that I thought I'd share. I'm not sure why these turned out so atypical, but I love them.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...