8/30/2011

Kid Art - Water Color with Marker


This technique came to me one night from the bowels of my memory. I used to do it during college, and haven't really thought about it much since.

Materials:
disposable plastic lid (we used the ones from old oatmeal canisters)
washable marker (I think most markers work, but when working with kids, I recommend washable)
paintbrush and a few drops of water



Step 1. Scribble furiously with your marker on the plastic lid.
Step 2. Add a few drops of water. (the less water, the more vibrant your color)
Step 3. Have fun with your new (washable!) paint~

Hint: if you want to add more color to your lid, it needs to be dry before you can start coloring on it again. Washable markers and wet lids aren't friends.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...