11/15/2012

Book Review: Escape to the Hiding Place

Today we wrap up a 3 days series on The Adventures in Odyssey Imagination Station books. First we read about Ancient Egypt in ... then we read about adventures at sea in Battle for Cannibal Island. Today we are wrapping up with Escape to the Hiding Place.
In book 9 of the series, Patrick and his cousin Beth travel back to the 1940's and a very troubled Dutch community on the verge of World War 2. The duo needs courage to reunite a mother and baby who have been separated.

Mom says: I've probably mentioned this before, but I really love how these books introduce my children to real life Holy heroes that have impacted history. I loved that the characters met up with one of my favorite heroes Corrie TenBoom in this book. This book also served as a great introduction to a sensitive time in history. Loved it.

Annie (8 years old) says: This book is really exciting. I'm glad that no one was hurt in the crash at the beginning of the book. I liked the part about the places to hide. I'm glad Patrick and Beth made a friend, and that they had bicycles to ride in the frightening part.

Louisa (8 years old) says: I liked the secret hiding place and the nice farmers. You should read this book because it is funny and exciting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...