12/12/2012

I just see'd it in my head.

I have been a Christian for the better part of twenty years, I have never once had a vision from God at any point in my walk. I believe that people have them, but apparently I'm just not one of them.

But I'm starting to think that I adopted one.

A few of you have heard the story about Max's angel. For those who haven't he shared the experience with me over lunch one day. Aparently while in the orphanage, he woke in the middle of the night to find someone in his room, dressed in white with something he called a "pharoh" on his head, which I can only assume was a halo. Then poof the stranger was gone. End of story.
That little exchange caused me to come a little untangled. Here we have a boy, who has serious cognitive delays (aka he's not all that intelligent) who has never really been told much about Angels, who can not only accurately describe the form an Angel might have used to present itself, but also knew what it was without any help from any of us.

Cool right?

But there's more. This week we were discussing the story of baby Jesus and how he came to be Max's friend so Max could go to Heaven. I'm standing in the kitchen making lunch and Max scurries in and says "Mom, baby Jesus, is He the one who has ouchies right here, and here?" Indicating his palm and the back of his hand.

And I stare at him slightly dumbfounded, because here we have a boy who doesn't really have the recall skills to remember the Bible story he heard three days ago in Sunday school, that has some how made the leap to connect the Nativity and the Crucifiction. Not only did he have the ouchie's located in the appropriate place, but he knew that there should be one on each side of his hand, where the nail went all the way through.

As if he had seen both sides of Christ's hands.

And so I ask cautiously. Oh so cautiously, "Did you see a picture of that somewhere? Like in a story?" Knowing full well that even if he had seen a powerful picture in a book, read by someone else (because it wasn't me) way back around Easter that there's no way he would still remember that. Not to mention the specific detail about both sides of the hand, cause I really doubt that part would have been in whatever story he might have heard.

And he gives me this grin. It's the "I know something you don't know, don't I?" grin, and says "Nope, I just see'd it in my head." And off he ran to go knock down someone's block tower. And that was the end.

At this point I'm a little glad that God doesn't send me the visions, because getting them second hand is enough to rattle me. This little boy, who is struggling so much as he deals with his attachment disorder, anxiety, and emotional trauma from his history with neglect / abuse. Who tries his best on a daily basis to make us all crazy, is the recipient of these visions. And how highly God must think of this poor little soul to comfort him with such visual outpourings.

And maybe, just maybe, God is giving him these visions to assure me that He is indeed surrounding this little boy with His love and protection. And all I have to do is show up, and let God use me to turn this poor kid to do something amazing.

1 comment:

TC Avey said...

Gave me chills. Thanks for sharing!
God bless and Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...