10/21/2013

Author interview: Aimee Byrd

-->
Hey there friends! I'm so excited to share this little post with you. Today we have an exclusive interview with Aimee Byrd (which makes me feel so fancy I can barely stand to be me.)
Anyway. 
Here are some words from Ms. Byrd that you wont find anywhere else on the web. (Wee!!)

EP: Hello! Welcome to my humble little bloggity blog. I'm so glad you're here!    

AB: Thank you for the opportunity to share a little bit about my book with your readers.

EP:Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

AB: The idea for my book came from a need that I perceived in my own community. When my kids started attending school, I realized that although many families attended church, their faith was based more on good, Christian morals than actual theological knowledge about who God is. In my friendships, I was discovering that all us women struggle with many of the same issues, but we needed a tool to help us encourage one another in the gospel. I wrote my book to raise awareness of how our theology shapes our everyday living.

EP: What was the most challenging part of writing this book?

AB: It took me five years from when I started to write the book to holding the beautiful, published product it in my hands. When I began, my son was still a toddler, so I had very little time to write. There would be large blocks of time where I just didn’t write all because I didn’t want to miss out on time with my little guy, and I was just as tired as he was at the end of the day! When he started school, I plugged away to finish the book. But then came the challenge of finding a publisher, and going through that whole process.
It was also difficult and lonely because I didn’t know one other writer. I told very few people that I was writing a book, because to them it sounded the same as if I said I wanted to try out for American Idol. As you might imagine, there was a lot of prayer involved.

EP: Got any advice for struggling sinners like me?

AB: The more we learn from God’s Word, the more we can hold fast to our confession of hope, because we really do see that he who promised is faithful (Hebrew 10:23). And our confession is that even though we are sinners, God sent his Son Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect life on our behalf and bore the curse for our sin on the cross. He died the death we deserved. Three days later he rose from the dead, and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding on behalf of all those who trust in him for salvation. He will return for his bride, the church, and we will be given new, incorruptible bodies to rule with him on the new heavens and the new earth. Even now, he is sovereignly ruling to carry out his plan. Everything is working for his glory and our good, which is to be transformed into his likeness.

EP: How does your book contribute to making this world a better place?

AB: Well that is a tall order! I believe that my book, Housewife Theologian, glorifies God by helping women to better understand their vocations, roles, sexuality, influence in the world, growth in grace, unity and identity in Christ, membership in his church, and service in discipleship. When read and studied together, my book will facilitate growth in mentoring and discipleship, and an opportunity to share with one another both your successes and failures as you discover how the gospel interrupts the ordinary.

EP: Where can we find more from you?

AB: Well, I have a blog, www.housewifetheologian.com, that I update about three days a week. I also contribute to The Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood’s website (http://cbmw.org). I will be a guest host on the Alliance of Confessing Evangelical’s podcast, Mortification of Spin, http://info.alliancenet.org/mos/podcast/saved-grace-theologian-default, on a semi-regular basis. I’m also working on another book, Theological Fitness, published by P&R.

EP: Thank you again for this interview! Do you have any parting words to share with us?

AB: I’m grateful to be featured on your blog today, thanks to your readers for taking the time to learn a little bit about my book. Really, the main premise that I want to get across is that every married woman is a housewife, and every person is a theologian. Whether we work outside of the home or not, women share in their responsibility to the culture in their homes. We should help one another in encouragement. That is why it is beneficial to include even singles, divorced, and widowed women in this group as well. And we are all theologians. In John 17:3, Jesus prays, “And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” Knowing God is an eternal matter. The question is not whether we are theologians, but whether we are good ones or bad ones. I would like to help us be good ones!

And I do have 3 copies to of this book to giveaway! Leave me a comment (here or on my facebook page if the comment tool isn't working) here to enter!

1 comment:

NJ @ A Cookie Before Dinner said...

What an interesting book and concept! Theology scares the daylights out of me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...