11/06/2013

Author interview: Jaime Engle

We're so excited to see another book launched out into the stratosphere of bookdom. What's even better than getting the scoop on the newest books on the scene is having an exclusive interview with the author of one of these books.

I had a sit down recently with Jaime Engle, author of Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light, here are her thoughts from her latest project...

Hello! Welcome to my humble little bloggity blog, I'm so glad you're here!
I'm thrilled to be here, and so grateful that you are allowing me to connect with your followers and friends!

Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?
I had an image of a boy in his bedroom and a strange arrow leaning out from his closet. He left in a rush, and as soon as he did, the nose of a dwarf poked out of the darkness of the boy's closet. He was looking for the arrow, but the boy had found it first. This scene sent me to the internet to research some possibilities of what this arrow could mean. When I stumbled upon an oil painting of the Battle of Bosworth Field by Philip James de Loutherbourg, and learned about the two forgotten princes, I had found my story.

What was the most challenging part of writing this book?
The most challenging part is keeping the voice true throughout the entire book. Usually, when I start writing, I don't have a firm grasp on the storyline or the characters. Once I get going, those solidify, so making sure the characters sound the same from page one to 'the end' is very important to me. It's a vital part of keeping the reader connected to the story.

How does your book contribute to making this world a better place?
What an awesome question! I think the universal principal in the book is that we are all apart of something greater than ourselves. In the world we live in, there is a tendency to focus on ourselves first and foremost, and this mentality is encouraged in our civilization. I mean, we have I phones, I tunes, and I pads. Not hiding the agenda...it's all about the individual. My hope is that some child reading this book will begin to consider the possibility that they are on this Earth for a specific purpose and that it is far greater than just for themselves.

Where can we find more from you?
Just about everything you could want to know is on my blog, http://www.jaimiengle.com/. However, you can also follow Clifton Chase (the main character) at his facebook page: facebook.com/CliftonChaseAdventure where he blogs about being a twelve year old boy. There is a pretty awesome book trailer on youtube at http://youtu.be/phZclUViIBQ which depicts the first chapter of the book. I even co-wrote the music for it, which was super fun. There's some behind the scenes pics on my blog, along with the first 6 chapters (for free) and downloadable coloring pages, crossword puzzles, and word searches (for free). OH, and you can also link to amazon to buy the book right from my blog! How's THAT for convenient!!
Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final parting words to share with us?
Thank you so much for having me and helping to spread the word about my book. As a mom and wife, I would encourage anyone reading this interview to follow their dreams. You can achieve anything you desire if you are willing to sacrifice and put in the hard work. I'd be happy to help anyone interested in writing a book. Just contact me at jaimiengle@cfl.rr.com
 
 And we have a great giveaway going on this week, 3 copies of Jaime's latest book, 1 paper copy and 2 digital ebook copies. If you want to hear what we had to say on this one you can read our reviews here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...