11/01/2013

Guest post: THE HALLELUJAH CHORUS

Lately we've been talking about finding God in the mundane, today we have another guest post from my blogging buddy Molly. Couldn't love this article more.

I was attending a conference recently, and one speaker had a slide show playing in the background that she called,  “A photo collection curated by my iPhone.” I can’t lie, I laughed a little inside.

Sure. We all have the Instagram with poorly filtered pictures of our children ... I know I do.

Until the pictures started flickering past my vision. And oh, there was art there to be curated. {She is kind of amazing - http://www.the-lifeartist.com/}.

There is a holy cry in the rocks and trees, in bird wings, and single leaves.

I have my own curated collection, of spiderwebs and backyard cardinals, a few finger painting toddlers, an eggplant. And each piece of His creation singing a song of heaven. God in the moments that swarm us, that flicker past our windshields. God in the birdbaths at the gas station. {http://wp.me/p2F4Gp-BI}.


Luke 19:38-40 repeats this truth for us ...  “As he was drawing near—already on the way down the Mount of Olives—the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, saying, “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”

At the sight of the King of Heaven, the very stones would cry. I maintain they are singing yet, a song of creation, a song of worship.

And in the mundane moments of motherhood, of living, there is art to be found. God-whispers in the trees.

And friends, I think if trees could sing, this cacophony of color would be their Hallelujah chorus .




Look up. {http://wp.me/p2F4Gp-aG}. Look out your window. Sing with them.


~Molly Huggins {All photos curated by my iPhone}.

Molly Huggins (All The Grace Between - www.allthegracebetween.com) is an Army bride, one-time helicopter pilot, compulsive writer, friend seeker, and lover of color and all things textile. Her current occupation is ringmaster of the Huggins family circus (party of five). She has a B.A. in English from Covenant College and a passion for meeting other women right in the middle of their own messy stories. Pull up a chair at her virtual beat-up kitchen table, listen to her stories, and maybe even tell her yours.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...