2/27/2014

last call...


Here we are in the closing moments of the fiction writing contest that’s been weighing on me since it was announced back in October. Before the winners are announced (tomorrow) I’d just like to chat for a moment about the outcome.
I know a lot of you have jumped on the “support Elissa’s crazy scheme” bandwagon, some of you because you love to watch God do amazing things. And some of you likely cast a vote just so I’d stop the relentless facebook posts already.  To both camps I say, thank you.
But before the results come back I’d just like to remind each of you that in my world results are slightly irrelevant, because just like everything else I tell you about, this contest is not about me. This is not the story a little girl’s dream to one day write stories finally coming true. Nor is this the fulfillment of some crazy desire to be rich and famous. It’s all about God. And the fact that sometimes God asks you to do crazy things. Like write silly stories.
I told you about the last time I did something crazy for God – adopting my youngest – and I stepped before a Russian judge knowing she could very likely laugh at my plea. But I didn’t care. I didn’t lose a wink of sleep, because I knew the outcome was out of my hands.
As it should be.  
And here I am again, on the brink of something potentially life changing, and I’m not particularly worried about the outcome. I could be selected as a contributor to this writing project. Or not. This project could be the ticket I need to get someone important to pay attention to my writing. Or not.  God could do something really amazing. Or I could go back to watching episodes of Macgyver on Netflix in my spare time.
Either way, I’m still with Jesus. Waiting. Listening. Watching. I do have a few more tricks up my sleeve, so the scenario where I get to veg out in front of Macgyver is unlikely at best.  Which is sort of a bummer.
Thanks for sticking with me through this process, I’ll let you all know when I find out.
And yes. This is your last call to go vote.
Here’s the email address:  thequestfortruthbooks (a) gmail (dot) com
Tell them contestant #2 sent you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...