5/06/2005

Rough morning

Ugh. What a morning.
4 am Alex comes in to announce that he’s going to sleep on the couch. I can’t remember the last time he slept through the night. He woke me up when he came in, and I couldn’t get back to sleep.
5 am Alex decides he’s had enough sleeping. So he gets up, turns on the light and starts playing. I stay in bed, wide awake, listening to him play with his cars.
6 am: Alex has had enough of his cars and decides to climb on top of my scanner to get to the toys that are kept out of reach because they are “off limits”. Fortunately Jory hears him and gets up to check on him before anything bad happens. I finally manage to drift back off to sleep.
8:30 am: the girls wake me up. Before I go in to get them I come in to check on Alex, who’s found the box of Styrofoam peanuts that were on the kitchen counter. I knew leaving them there was a bad idea. There is now shredded Styrofoam all over my kitchen, a crabby 2 year old who’s been up since the crack of dawn, 2 hungry toddlers, and a killer headache.
Fortunately this story has a happy ending. PBS for alex, oatmeal for the girls, and a little down time on the computer for mom… a sense of calm is returning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...