1/17/2006

From bad to worse…

So I mentioned yesterday that we’re feeling a little under the weather… well my “under the weather” has turned into a full-blown sinus cold/headache. Blech! On top of that I have cramps this morning. Fun fun fun. The ol’ one-two punch of being a woman. Anyone else get sick around “that time of the month?”
Remember how I said the kids were sleeping well for me lately? Heh. Let me discuss my night with you. 10 pm just as I’m crawling into bed, Annie wakes up with a bad dream, and won’t settle back down. Jory brings her into sleep with us, which means that she flops around like a fish and keeps me awake until about 2 when she wakes up and starts crying because she doesn’t know where she is. I make Jory take her back to bed, and she goes back to sleep. At this point in the night I have a screaming headache and end up taking a handful of aspirin just to get back to sleep. At 4 am, the girls are both awake jumping around like maniacs in their beds and singing “mommyyyyyy” in their cutest “get me out of my bed” voice. Which I didn’t.
Louisa started potty training yesterday. Instead of doing both at the same time, I’m doing one then the other, because I don’t want to have to keep track of who went when. Plus I figured if I got one done, she’d convince her sister to join the big kid club. So far it’s going ok, no progress, but she’s not fighting me like Alex did. I’ll keep ya posted.
Last night Jory and I started planned our anniversary trip. It’ll be 5 years in June, so we thought we’d do something fun to celebrate. We’ve never taken a trip for our anniversary, so we thought we would this year. (yes, this is in addition to jory’s road trip on his motorcycle, and my 12 days of no children – lots of vacationing in the Peterson house this year) We’re looking at a 4 day trip to southern Kentucky. We’re looking at Cumberland falls state park and Kingdom Come State park. Anyone ever been to either? Both places look like they’ll have some great hiking trails…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...