4/15/2006

In case you were interested…

The last two days have been crazy around here. On Thursday, Jory’s office had a cook out, and they invited us to come. I thought it’d be fun to bake a cake for the occasion. So I slaved away all morning long, making a new cake recipe (peanut butter cake with peanut butter-cream cheese frosting). I get the cake out of the oven and run to take a shower. Come back from the shower, and the cake is 1/3 eaten! The cake had JUST come out of the oven, and was still hot, so I figured the kids would leave it alone. Nope. There was a huge hole, and crumbs all over Louisa’s face. Either the other two were much neater in their pilfering, or they didn’t eat any of it.
The picnic itself was relatively uneventful, other than the fact that Annie ate 3 hot dogs.
On the way home, I did something I’ve never done before. I picked up this awesome wire crate out of someone’s trash. (I’d take a picture of it, but I’m too lazy). It was in great shape, I can’t believe someone was throwing it away. What’s worse is I can’t believe I put a wire crate that was IN SOMEONE’S TRASH on display in my house. Still getting used to the idea.
So that was Thursday. Yesterday, Good Friday, was a company holiday at Jory’s office, so he had the day off. We decided to go run errands as a family. Oh my. I can’t say that I’ll be doing that again any time soon. The kids were pretty good, especially after we offered them ice cream. But all the in-and-out got a little old after a while. Silly me forgot to take a goodie bag along for the kids, so they fought over the same 2 matchbox cars the entire time. Oh well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trash picking is fun. Look at all the money you save.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Your Uncle Dick will be proud. He has refined trash-picking to an art form.

Lora3677 said...

So... what did you do about the cake?!??!?!

Teresa said...

YUM! :) Too funny!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...