4/17/2006

Easter Sunday, and an unwelcome guest.


Our Easter was relatively quiet. We donned our Easter finery, and went to church, came home and chilled out. I managed to get pics of Alex in his suit, but the girls were ready to get out of their dresses. I’ll probably dress them up at some point this week to get their pictures…
We had an unwelcome guest in our house last night. I was sitting on the couch reading, (a book about Walt Disney ironically) when a little brown and white mouse scampered out from behind the entertainment center and disappeared into the kitchen. Did you hear me? There was a MOUSE IN MY HOUSE!!! Of course I panicked. Funny how a 5 foot person can be terrified of a 3 inch mouse. I ran in and woke Jory to come set some traps (actually I stomped down the hall, whispering “here I come mouse, you’d better hide from me!”) To make a long story short, my little mouse friend found the traps before I finished brushing my teeth. Sorry pal. I hope you make a nice lunch for some deserving bird. Oh, now I’ve done it, I’m going to get nasty letters from the animal rights advocates. Well if it bothers you that I killed a mouse in my kitchen, I’ll just bring all my nasty germy mice to your house and let them loose. Ick.

3 comments:

Lora3677 said...

Poor Mickey!!! I'd do the same thing... in fact.. I smooshed a spider on the kitchen floor and have no regrets...

Teresa said...

Is it just me or does it look like Alex is waving around a knife!?! :) Happy Easter! And I'll back you on the mouse thing!

Anonymous said...

We grew up in the country, so we had the occassional mouse. My sister named them! It could be worse. We found evidence of one in our garage pantry. Sometime later Chris saw a long tail slither under the garage door. We haven't seen mouse evidence since. Chris keeps telling me that the mice have been taken care of - by the local (rat) snakes! Yikes! -Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...