3/10/2009

Update on life

So what’s happened since my last post? Well I turned 30 for one thing. Wahoo… My birthday was full of lots of my favorite things. Lunch with friends, a hike in the park (even though it was FREEZING!) and dinner with my parents. Fun times.
So the first signs of spring are starting to creep in around here. The weather is warming up slightly and little green things are poking their heads through the soil. I’d say about 1/3 of the daffodils we transplanted last fall have started to sprout. Every time we step out to play the kids run around the house taking stock of what is growing and how tall it is. We can’t wait to get out there and get our hands into the soil again.
So school is going well. The end of the year is creeping closer and closer. We have about 9 weeks left. If we don’t go anywhere for spring break we’re looking to be done in mid-May. Which is good, because who really wants to be learning when you could be planting something or taking a hike. Not us. We recently moved up to the 2nd grade texts for Spelling and Math. I just didn’t feel like the 1st grade texts were challenging him anymore. So even though he’s slightly annoyed that I took his “easy” work away, he once again seems sufficiently challenged. Which makes this Mama smile.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...