7/29/2009

The Speed of light

What a whirlwind these last 2 weeks have been. It’s been a fabulous swirl of birthday, friends, VBS, and a wedding. I’ll do my best to touch on the highlights.
Alex turned seven on July 15. We celebrated his birthday with a trip to the lake and a joint birthday party with his little buddy Hope. Later that week our dear friend Cathy came in from Illinois. Together we had a fun outing to Sauder’s Village where we all enjoyed learning about local history. The girls particularly enjoyed the Potter’s Studio, Alex liked the train ride. Of course.
The week of July 20-24th was our first week of Vacation Bible School. I played the part of photographer. Wandering in and out of classes hoping for the “perfect” shot for the slide show. This year our church was given the opportunity to host 13 Russian orphans. The children range in age from 5 to 12ish. They are staying with various members of the congregation, and attending VBS. As the photographer I got the chance to interact with all the children. As a group they are beautiful and sweet, funny and shy. As a crazy mom with a huge heart you can imagine I fell in love. With each one. I want to keep them all in my house. My tiny house with 16 kids. Don’t think it didn’t cross my mind. But no, they will probably all go back to the orphanage. Filled with ice cream and memories.
So this weekend we went to my brother-in-law’s wedding in southern Missouri. Actually they live in Missouri, but got married 2 hours away Arkansas. Whatever. The wedding was beautiful and we got tons of pics. We also spent a lot of time hanging out with Grandma and the cousins. A lot of time swimming in the hotel pool, exploring local parks and of course, sweating. Southern Missouri in July is hot y’all.
So that brings us mostly up to date. You’ll have to forgive me for the lack of pictures. I only have about 600 from the last 2 weeks to sort through…….

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...