1/18/2011

Letter to Louisa

Dear Louisa,
You are my precious, spunky little girl. You always have a twinkle in your eye and a song in your heart. You are the clown in this group, always making us laugh about something. I love the way you look at life, and the way you make me look at my own life.
You are also the most laid back child in this group. You're the one who's most likely to just roll with the punches, which makes my life that much easier. You will go far in life, knowing when to pick your battles, and knowing that life is much easier when you don't freak out about stuff that doesn't really matter. My prayer for you is that you will let God show you which battles to fight, and when it's time to just roll with the punches.
It has been a joy to watch your faith develop along with your sister's. You are also becoming quite the prayer warrior, which makes my heart sing. I love it when you share your spontaneous prayers with me. You melt my heart with the sweet innocent prayers that come from your little heart, and I can only imagine how they touch God's heart as well.
There's no way I can overlook your creativity. The creativity both you and your sister display puts my efforts to shame. It seems like you are always making something beautiful for the people you love. This year I have enjoyed getting books about world art for you to pour over, and taking you to the art museum to expand your artistic perspective. My dear, you serve a Mighty Creator, and I pray that you will always enjoy connecting to God through your creativity the same way I do.

You are becoming a beautiful little lady, one that I'm proud to call my daughter. I'm so excited to see the woman of God you will become.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...