4/04/2011

20 Grand, part 2

Yes, there's more to this story
Back in August when we launched our fundraising campaign our "realistic" goal for our fundraising efforts was around $9,000. Back then I couldn't even dream about $20,000. That number was just an unattainable goal. Then October came along and our family fell under some pretty heavy spiritual warfare (aka nearly every electronic device in my house broke) and we weren't going to be able to use our church for fundraising, which meant that I couldn't rely on 95 pecent of our social network for help. The $9,000 goal started to sound less and less attainable.

The more and more I think about our journey, the more I see parrallels between it and the story of my own salvation. I pulled out my entire fundraising arsenal. I worked long hours. I enlisted the help of every sympathetic ear. I did everything I could possibly think of to do. And I was not even close to my goal. There was nothing I could do to get this money. It was an unattainable goal. It was a bridge I couldn't cross through my own efforts.

Kind of like doing all the good stuff I can possibly do to get myself a ticket to Heaven.

It doesn't work like that.

I pleaded with God. Show me what to do to earn this money.

He says "stop trying. There is nothing you can do to earn it. I'm going to give it to you. All you have to do is tell everyone about it."
Like with my own salvation it's hard to believe that all I had to do was sit around and "do nothing" while I waited for God to meet me in the middle. But that is exactly what happened.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...