8/12/2011

One Big Boat

Since the kids and I were driving home from North Carolina without the grandparents I decided it was probably in our best interest to not push the limits too far. What was really a 1 day trip we turned into 2. Which meant that we still had time for some adventures on the way home.
Our adventure on our first part of the trip was a tour of the USS NC, parked in Wilmington NC. I wasn't totally sold on the idea of touring the battleship, it was really hot outside and I didn't think the girls would really care. I figured we'd stop take a few pics of the exterior then be on the road.




nope.


As soon as we set eyes on the behemoth boat I knew we had to see the inside. It didn't help that all 3 were bouncing in their little seats, itching to go aboard. So we did. Go aboard that is.



Hot? yes.
The 9 story boat had no air conditioning, but they had a pretty good fan system below deck, so most of our exploring was down there.



Totally worth it? you bet.

2 comments:

Sara said...

We toured the USS Missouri on our honeymoon in Honolulu. I've never got such a bad sunburn in my entire life. Holy hot! Looks like the kids loved it, though!

Amused said...

That sounds like one neat boat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...