12/20/2011

First words...

I didn't hear the first words my son uttered, I probably wouldn't have recognized their meaning if I had. But as Max is constantly acquiring new words in English, I can't help but chuckle at his first words in his new language.
So what are they?
There are some that warm my heart, such as his famous "I love you Mama!" that he had down before we brought him home from Russia. He also quickly picked up on please, thank you and excuse me (which he has learned to use after his characteristic belches. Boy can that kid belch).
He learned his numbers quickly, thanks to the hotel elevator in Russia. While he still counts to himself in Russian doing his school work, he had his numbers to 10 before we brought him home.
Then there are the words that reflect the fact that he's the youngest child of a family with 4 kids. Don't touch it! and Wait! have both are both new additions.
I also have to chuckle at the songs he's picked up on. His current favorites are Jingle Bell Rock and the theme song for "Super Why" on PBS. I have to wonder if he really knows what he's singing.

1 comment:

Screaming Sardine said...

Just came across your blog and have read about Max. How awesome that he's settling in so nicely. I imagine it's quite a culture shock, but he's doing great thanks to you and your family. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...