9/02/2005

Day 3

Again, making a valiant attempt to record things in our house as they happen. Not really sure if any of this stuff is worth recording, but hey…
Yesterday I found out that the well water that we’ve been putting up with for the last 2 years was coming from a well that the board of health had not approved. What a surprise! I guess the previous homeowners didn’t fill out such and such paper work, and caused the BOH to disapprove our well. Do I dare comment? Comment on the intelligence of someone who would go through the work of putting in a well, but not make sure they had done it properly. Comment on just how unsafe it is to drink/wash (let alone give it to newborns) in water that may potentially be teaming with bacteria? Comment that I’m not really all that surprised given the quality of the water coming out of that well. So since we are abandoning it except for irrigation purposes, none of this really matters. All I have to do is sign and date a little sheet of paper and mail it back. And shake my head at the intelligence level of the previous homeowners
Last night I discovered that we have termites. Don’t know how bad they are yet, I haven’t seen any inside, but they were crawling around under the tree next to the girls window. Great. Stretching the budget a little bit tighter. At least my home isn’t underwater. – Gotta keep these things in perspective.
The girls have been so funny lately. 2 things: get the bug! Every time they see an insect they slap the table (or whatever is in front of them at the moment) gotta kill that bug! Never mind that the bug is way faster than they are. They still have to try. It’s really quite comical. The other thing is vocabulary development. Their vocabulary has just exploded the last few days. I think I noticed two new ones yesterday, cookie and something else…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...