8/31/2006

Get-together and other random stuff.

Last night I went to a scrapbooking get together at a friends house. I haven’t been to one of those things in forever! It was so nice to just chat and be creative with friends. Plus I got 3 cards done for my project that’s due on Saturday (30% done – woo hoo!) had some interesting discussions about future get-togethers and potential projects that I could put together for our group – which I’m really excited about.
Finally got to go out and do some much needed yard work yesterday. The recent lack of rain has taken its toll out of the skeeter population, and it’s possible to go in the grass without being eaten alive again. My flowerbeds are still sadly overgrown, but they’re getting better – very slowly.
Oh yes. Mom brag moment coming on. Alex definitely has the math gene (wonder where it came from??) In the past week we’ve conquered ordering sets of 3-4. (As in we rolled 4 dice and he lined them up in ascending order). THEN we got out the uno cards and played war. As in comparing two numerals with no graphic representation of quantity – he totally aced it. Easy cheesy for that kid. Next week – algebra.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...