11/30/2010

Finding ordinary beauty...


It's been entirely way too long since I had the opportunity to do something selfish and spontaneous. The other day Jory and the kids were gone, and instead of knocking one more thing off my to do list, I took myself on a little nature walk. As I walked I was reminded that my life is more than this international headache, it's more than fundraising, it's more than my job as a mother and all the insanity that goes with it. My life is a fantastic swirl filled with my favorite people and beautiful things that God is wishing I would notice. On this day, I noticed these beautiful weeds growing along the side of the road. It makes me wonder what else I haven't noticed. What haven't you noticed lately?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I noticed "Sun Dogs" in the clouds. Remember Dad telling us about them? They were absolutely beautiful... the ice crystals in the cloud ALL lit up pinks and blues, and there was even one piece of cloud that had the full spectrum rainbow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...