11/04/2010

Welcome November

October has come and gone. Honestly I’m not sorry to see it go. Our October was a crazy swirl of photo sessions and technology that didn’t function properly. October is a notoriously busy month among photographers, as it’s the prime month for outdoor photos and there’s plenty of time to get photos to families for their Christmas cards. So yes, its safe to say that I took a lot of photos last month, which means that we made a plenty of money towards our fundraising efforts. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that we faced so many technological crises during what has so far been one of our best months for fundraising. It’s also interesting to note that our television (that was totally dead for at least 3 weeks) is now functioning at %100. It’s working better than it has in 6 months. It’s earned a new nickname, Lazarus.
So now that we are mostly done with photography, we get to sit around and twiddle our thumbs until we get the call to go get Max right? If only. I still have $30,000 to raise. Although I’m rather sad to say “goodnight” to taking pictures for the year, I have several new and exciting fundraising ideas to get me through the winter. I’ve teamed up with some other families in our community who are also raising money to bring their kids home from Russia. Together we’re doing date nights at our church, and a gift-wrapping weekend extravaganza. We also have a youth band concert and 5k fun run on the back burner that we’re still trying to figure out logistics on. Oh, and we designed a t-shirt! It’s so cool! When we have a finished shirt, we’ll have it for sale at all our various events. It will also be available for purchase here on the blog. Proceeds will go to our fundraising efforts…
So yes, we have a lot to distract us while we wait to go get our son. And then there was Halloween. So of course I have to share a pic of my girls in their costumes. These are for you, Dad. The one where Louisa was pretending to shoot me with a toy pistol was better, but it's probably not in my best interest to publish during this phase of my life.

2 comments:

Sue Witmer said...

Beautiful girls! Can't believe with all you've done that you still have that much to raise! May God bless all that you have planned until you welcome Max here.

Sara said...

HA! Love the pic. Let me know when you are doing the 5k. I'm there! We wanted to do our session with you at Oak Openings, but had to move it b/c there was a 5k at the same time/place that my husband's work organized. LOL go figure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...